Weld County Authorities to Unveil New Web site Design on Friday
The County of Weld authorities has introduced new adjustments that will probably be carried out on its web site, making it extra user-friendly.
The county requested for neighborhood suggestions on what elements of the outdated web site they have been utilizing and what they wish to see in a brand new web site. The suggestions have been then included into the brand new design.
“We attempt to replace the design of our web site each 5 years, and we’re delighted to unveil this new web site,” Fee Chairman Steve Moreno mentioned in a county press launch. “Since our web site has served practically 2.5 million customers over the previous 5 years, quick usability is crucial. We hope our residents discover the brand new web site helpful and user-friendly. “
Over the previous six months, the county’s IT division, together with employees from numerous county departments, have been working with vendor OpenCities to design a brand new web site and transfer content material from the outdated web site to new.
Among the new options that will probably be displayed on the location embody:
- A “High Providers” tab which is able to substitute the outdated “Fast Hyperlinks” tab in a extra seen place on the location, making it simpler for Web customers to search out what they’re in search of.
- Website navigation will swap from the left navigation bar to thumbnails that customers click on to get extra details about a selected county, program, or county service.
- The web site will probably be extra mobile-friendly and sized to suit the size of cellular units.
- The addition of OpenForms, an built-in types platform, which is able to host registration and repair types straight on internet pages quite than in exterior PDF paperwork. OpenForms will enable customers to fill out the shape and submit it in just a few easy steps.
- The county expects the brand new web site to launch on Friday.
Implementation and coaching companies, together with transferring outdated knowledge to the brand new web site, price $ 37,500, and annual upkeep and internet hosting companies price the county $ 61,150, in keeping with Jennifer Finch, head of Weld County Public Data. The full price of the venture is $ 98,650.
For extra info, go to www.weldgov.com.