The city will present design recommendations for the Edmonds cycle lane project on June 2
City of Edmonds staff are hosting an online public meeting on Wednesday, June 2 from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. to present design recommendations for the city-wide bike lane project.
According to the city, the project’s design team used ideas and feedback gathered from the public at the meeting in late February to develop design recommendations aimed at providing a balanced approach to the layout of cycle lanes on streets. existing. These design recommendations were presented to Edmonds City Council on May 4; you can read more in our story here and also access the presentation on bikelanes.edmondswa.gov.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Parking will be maintained on the west side of the 9th / 100th
- Parking will be maintained on the north side of Walnut / Bowdoin
- Cycle paths will be set up on both sides of Bowdoin
- A northbound cycle lane will be installed at the Westgate intersection. In order to balance all modes of travel through this intersection, southbound lanes will receive both shared lane markings, or “sharrows,” as well as exit ramps allowing cyclists to get onto the sidewalk and onto the sidewalk. run their bikes if they find that more comfortable option to cross the intersection.
- The intersection at 220th and 9th / 1ooth will be landscaped differently to mitigate the current amount of lane change for northbound motorists.
- Pedestrian crossings will be improved on Bowdoin, 9th and 100th.
City staff will recap this presentation and open the floor to residents who wish to ask questions or make comments. A link to the zoom meeting is available on the project website: bikelanes.edmondswa.gov
Contact Ryan Hague at 425-771-0220 or email [email protected] if you have any questions about the project or if you are unable to access the information online or attend the public meeting in line. If you would like the project information to be written in another language, you can request language support services for this project information free of charge.
Si tiene problemas para understander el inglés, puede pedir, sin costo, servicios de ayuda lingüística, para la información de este proyecto, poniéndose en contacto con Mr. Ryan Hague at [email protected] llamando al 425-771-0220.