Liberty student named national BPA laureate
Liberty High School BPA had two students compete at the National BPA Leadership Conference last week. The conference took place practically this year.
“Please join me in congratulating Eve White and William Waldrip on being state recipients and having the chance to compete at the national level. Both students worked as hard as they were in conferences that required them to work with judges live via video conference, making it even more difficult to get your point across without the normal body language and comments from the judges ” said Richard Ewing, BPA Advisor for Liberty High School.
William Waldrip, an LHS junior, is the fourth national finalist in advanced interview skills. Not only that, William beat other Texas students from CTE and career academies he lagged behind in the state competition.
Students who ranked in the top 10 for advanced interviewing techniques are “
- 1st: Lycée Avon, Ind. – Sriya Koganti
- 2nd: Burley High School, Idaho – Keegan Ward
- 3rd: Hinsdale Central High School, Illinois – Mohammed Bilaluddin
- 4th: Lycée Liberty. Texas – William Waldrip
- 5th: Ann Arbor Huron High School, Michigan – Armaan Kamat
- 6th: CTE Center-Frisco ISD, Texas – Samanvi Velagapudi
- 7th: Dubiski Career High School, Texas – Faith Ajanaku
- 8th: Eagan High School, Minnesota – S Ankitha Kumar
- 9: Zionsville Community High School, Ind. – Sophie Shank
- 10th: Hinsdale Central High School, Illinois – Annette Ciupek
In addition, there were a few other winners from the region:
- 6th Place, Fundamental Accounting, Lufkin High School, Texas – Eryn Sawyer
- 8th place, keyboard production, Hardin Junior High, Texas – Kayleigh Fregia
- 5th Place, Web Design Team, Hardin Junior High, Texas – Emma Smart and Zachary Wall
- 9th Place, Presentation Management Team, Hardin Junior High, Texas – Lana Beasley, Da’Shiyah Nickson, Alicia Smart and Callie Williams